EFFECTIVE SEPT 1, 2015, the boarding fee/copay from seniors for the DOOR-to-DOOR SENIOR SHARED RIDES will increase to $1.00 from .75-cents.
Vehicles for sale by sealed bid (4/30/2015 through 5/14/2015)
The Endless Mountains Transportation Authority is offering for sale by sealed bid; 4 – 275/70 18 truck tires. The minimum bid for these tires is $200.00. They are available for inspection Monday thru Friday 6:00am to 6:00 pm at the Athens Facility. No phone calls accepted. Bids will be accepted from 04/30/15 until 05/14/15 at 4:00 PM. Bids will be opened at 9:00 am on Friday the 15th of May 2015. Send Sealed Bids to the Endless Mountains Transportation Authority 27824 Route 220 Athens, PA 18810 ATTN: Sealed Bid. For bid results send a self addressed stamped envelope. Terms of sale: Cash or Certified check. Vehicles are to be paid for and removed from EMTA property within 48 hours of notification. Vehicles will have the title transferred to the winning bidder on the day of pick up. Failure to pay for and pick up vehicle in time will result in loss of bid award. All sales are final and vehicles are sold in “AS IS” condition with no warranty. The purchaser releases the Endless Mountains Transportation Authority from liability connected to the transportation or use of these vehicles.
Track the Mountie Express live beginning Sunday, Aug. 24, 2014 via TransLoc
Download the TransLoc Rider app to use on your smartphones.
Or, online: http://www.mansfield.transloc.com/
Board Meeting Dates for Year 2014
Wednesday January 22, 2014
Wednesday February 26, 2014
Wednesday March 26, 2014
Wednesday April 16, 2014
Wednesday May 28, 2014
Wednesday June 25, 2014
Wednesday July 23, 2014
NO MEETING IN AUGUST
Wednesday September 24, 2014
Wednesday October 22, 2014
Wednesday December 10, 2014 (November & December meeting combined)
BeST Transit extends reservation cut-off time
BeST Transit recently announced it will extend its morning deadline to make reservations for its Door-to-Door Shared Rides by two hours beginning Monday, Feb. 3, 2014.
Passengers will now have until 11 a.m. the business day prior to their scheduled appointment to call BeST. BeST Transit provides public transportation in Bradford, Sullivan and Tioga counties.
“We listened to our consumers who said the 9 a.m.-deadline the day before was too early,” said a BeST Transit spokesperson. “Those two extra hours will allow passengers a little bit more of a window to call our reservationist at BeST.”
Customers, however, can call up to several days or even weeks to schedule a ride with BeST Transit.
DOOR-to-DOOR SHARED RIDE SERVICE
There are three major transportation programs that serve many qualified residents of Bradford, Sullivan and Tioga counties.
BeST Transit’s transportation programs are funded through various state agencies. These agencies regulate the qualification requirements. The programs include:
Senior Shared Ride:
Residents, within the coverage area, who are 65 years of age or older are eligible for the program. The program is funded through the Pennsylvania Lottery Program. The lottery program funds 85 percent of the program and Area Agency on Aging funds the remaining 15 percent, minus a 75-cent co-pay. The trips can be used for almost any reason Monday through Friday within the three-county coverage area.
Persons with Disabilities Transportation Program:
Residents who are between the ages of 18 and 64 and have a certifiable disability are qualified. There is a mileage-based co-pay that ranges from $2.50 to $7.50 per destination. The program is funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. The trips can be used for almost any reason Monday through Friday within the three-county coverage area.
Medical Assistance Transportation Program:
Applicants must have Medical Assistance through the Department of Welfare to qualify for this transportation program. This service can only be used for medical appointments or to have prescriptions filled. There is no co-pay, as the Department of Welfare reimburses BeST for the trips.
SHARED RIDES OUTSIDE COVERAGE AREA
BeST Transit can also travel to Williamsport, Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Binghamton, Elmira, Coudersport, Tunkhannock and even Danville on certain days of the week for medical appointments.
EFFECTIVE MONDAY, OCT. 3, 2011: The following are the days EMTA will travel for medical appointments only outside EMTA's three-county coverage area:
Remaining the same will be:
Passengers are asked to make their respective drop-off times between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. All reservations must be made by 9 a.m. the business day before.
Bradford & Sullivan County Routes
Tioga County Routes